NMAT is the entrance test considered by NMIMS for admission into various courses of Business Management Studies in NMIMS (Mumbai Campus, Bengaluru Campus and Hyderabad Campus).
A candidate can take NMAT up to a maximum of Three times (first attempt plus Two retake attempts) including no shows, if he / she wishes to. There has to be a gap of at least Fifteen days between two successive attempts.For candidates having multiple attempts, the best score (total and sectional) is considered for shortlisting purposes.
The result for each attempt is declared separately, approximately Fifteen days after the test attempt.
Eligibility for NMAT 2017
• Full Time Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3/4) in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 50% marks in the aggregate in first attempt.
• Those candidates who have cleared their graduation by doing a part-time course or through distance learning, correspondence courses, externally, open school are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
NMAT Test Pattern & Syllabus
The NMAT is a computer-based multiple choice question based test conducted over a period of Ten weeks.
You can select your test date and slot based on choice and availability.
|Section||No. of Questions||Time in Minutes|
Note:Candidates can choose the order of sections in NMAT.
Each of the three sections have individual section timings and candidates are supposed to answer and review the questions of a particular section within the allotted section time.
In case a candidate completes the section before the section time gets over, the balance time of the given section is not added to the next section (s). The next section has its own time limits and needs to be completed in the allotted sectional time only.
* Please Note that there will be no negative marking .
Note:- If the candidate is not satisfied by his/her NMAT score in the first attempt he/she may schedule for Re-take NMAT by visiting www.pearsonvue.com/nmims and logging in with the allotted username and password. In case of candidates taking more than one attempt the best score which is the total score & its respective sectional score, which make the candidate eligible as per the cut offs declared by NMIMS, will be considered for short listing for subsequent process. (Cut off means sectional as well as total score). The scores of all the attempts taken by the candidate will be declared on the NMIMS website.
* source – www.nmat.org.in
Important Dates for NMAT 2017
|NMAT Registration||July 2017 (Tentative)||October 2017 (Tentative)|
|NMAT Late Registration||October 2017(Tentative)||October 2017 (Tentative)|
|NMAT Scheduling date||July 2017 (Tentative)||October 2017 (Tentative)|
|NMAT Rescheduling||July 2017 (Tentative)||December 2017 (Tentative)|
|NMAT Exam Delivery||October 2017 (Tentative)||December 2017 (Tentative)|
|NMAT Retake Scheduling||October 2017 (Tentative)||December 2017 (Tentative)|
|NMAT Results||January 2018 (Tentative)|
|NMAT Registration for CD / PI||January 2018 (Tentative)||February 2018 (Tentative)|
|NMAT Conduct of CD / PI||February 2018 (Tentative)||February 2018 (Tentative)|
|NMAT First Merit List||March 2018 (Tentative)|
Colleges under NMAT 2017
• Institute of Business Management & Research (IBMR)
• Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
• SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management and Higher Studies (SNMIMHS)
How to Apply for NMAT 2017
1. Register online –
Visit www.nmat.org.in and click on Register for NMAT.
Click here for Registration flowchart of NMAT 2017.
Click on the New User Registration button, accept the terms and conditions and then fill in the required details in the online application form.
On the next screen, choose password, answer hint questions and click on the Submit button to register. The next screen will display your unique NMAT ID.
2.Make payment –
1. Registration fees Rs. 2000 for either normal MBA or PGDBM and Late Registration fees is Rs 2550.
2. Registration fees Rs. 2400 for both normal MBA & PGDBM and Late Registration fees is Rs 3000.
Payment can be done in either of the Three ways:
• Payment at Bank branch – cash payment at one of the designated bank branches
• Credit/Debit Card – online payment through credit/debit card
• Demand Draft – payment through a demand draft (If you decide to make the payment at a later stage, you need to re-login with your unique NMAT ID and Password. You will be directed to the payment screen.)
3. Schedule the test –
The application is duly accepted along with the fee by NMIMS.
An e-mail with the username and password to log on to www.pearsonvueindia.com/nmat/ is sent to the candidate.
Schedule the test on preferred date and location subject to availability.
For more details, visit http://www.pearsonvueindia.com/nmat/howtoapply.html