CAT (Common Admission Test) is the most popular entrance exam for MBA admissions. It is an all-India test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) as an entrance exam for the admission to the Post-graduate and Fellow Programs in management courses of several management institutes in India including the IIMs. More than 100 B-Schools accept CAT score. Indian Institute of Management has announced CAT Exam Notification 2017 – 2018 for all the candidates who want to pursue their Master’s degree in MBA from IIM’s. The candidates can also find the CAT 2017 exam dates and eligibility criteria on the information given below sections. This is the golden opportunity for those want to give height to their decided goals.
Eligibility for CAT 2017
• The candidate must be a graduate with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/DA/PWD) or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the ministry of HRD, Government of India.
• Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
Age : No age limit as long as you hold a bachelors degree from a recognized university
- Scheduled Caste – 15% of the total seats
- Scheduled Tribes – 7.5% of the total seats
- OBC (Non- Creamy layer) – 27% of the total seats
- Differently abled – 3.00%
CAT 2017 Exam Syllabus
• CAT English/Verbal Ability: Reading comprehension, verbal reasoning, syllogisms, analogies, antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, idioms, etc.
• CAT Maths/Quant Ability: Number systems, geometry, trigonometry, probability, permutation combination, algebra, mensuration, time and work, averages, percentages, profit and loss, quadratic and linear equations, etc.
• CAT Data Interpretation: Interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), venn diagram, etc.
• CAT Logical Reasoning: Clocks, calendars, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, conclusion, linear and matrix arrangement, etc.
CAT is a computer based test, conducted in multiple cities during a window of 3-4 weeks. A candidate can select his / her test date and slot as per choice and availability.
CAT 2017 Exam Pattern (Tentative)
|Section||No. of Questions||Duration|
|34||60 minutes to answer each section|
Note : Candidates can’t switch from one sections to another during the test.
CAT 2017 Exam result expected on Second week of January, 2018.
CAT 2017 Exam Dates
|CAT 2017 Registration Starts||August 2017 Tentative|
|CAT 2017 Registration ends||September 2017 Tentative|
|CAT 2017 Admit Card Download||November 2017 Tentative|
|CAT 2017 Test Day||November – December 2017 Tentative|
Colleges under CAT 2017
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM)
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM)
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM)
- Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM)
- Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRM)
- Xaviers Labour Relation Institute Jamshedpur (XLRI)
- Management Development Institute Gurgaon (MDI)
- Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM)
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research Mumbai (SIMR)
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Delhi (IIFT)
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
How to Apply for CAT 2017
• Register online at the CAT website with a registration fee of Rs. 1600 (General/NC-OBC) and Rs. 800 (SC/ST/PWD-DA).
• Note: Payment of registration fee can be done through online modes only including credit card, debit card or through net banking.
• You do not have the option of choosing you preferred slot this time
• You must show original mark sheets and submit photocopies to prove your eligibility at the time of interview. Further, if you are selected for a programme, original degree certificate and mark sheets along with your photocopies must be submitted for verification at the time of joining the programme.
“VistaMind” stands for a series of success stories of thousands of students who have made it to the Top B-Schools in India, including IIM, XLRI, IIFT, SP Jain, FMS, MDI, NITTIE, Narsee Monjee, SIBM etc.
We have been proactively using technology to ensure that our students get to prepare in the most convenient way. Apart from our Regular Classroom Program, one such popular initiative is CAT 2017 Online Classroom Coaching, where you get to access sessions from our experienced mentors sitting at home.
The best part about joining VistaMind Coaching Classes is the SmartCAT series provided help a lot and the VistaMind MOCKS test give the actual feeling of attending the CAT-2017 exam. After attending the VistaMind MOCKS Test series, students get to know which is their best section in which they save time and get correct answers and which section they are weak in and lose out a lot of time and feel stressed, So with the help of these Mocks test series students can work upon the weak sections and score great marks in their CAT 2017.