TISS was established in 1936, as the Sir Dorabji Tata Graduate School of Social Work to meet the emerging need for trained human service professionals. TISS has consistently worked for the promotion of sustainable and participatory development and creation of a just and equitable society. It offers one of best post graduate courses in HRM in India.
TISS was awarded a Five-Star rating by NAAC in 2002. In 2009, the NAAC re-accredited TISS and placed it in Grade ‘A’ with a score of 3.88 out of Four—the second highest amongst all universities accredited by NAAC until now.
Eligibility for TISS 2017
(A) Candidates having a bachelor’s degree with minimum of Three years duration or its equivalent ( under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirements of Fifteen years formal education) from a recognized university are eligible to apply
(B) At the time of applying candidates studying in Three year degree program should have passed in all the subjects for the First to Fourth semesters and candidates studying in Four year degree program should have passed in all the subjects for First to Sixth semester.
(C) Only those Candidates who will be able to complete all the requirements of their final year Bachelor’s Degree examinations by Saturday, June, 2017 are eligible to apply to all the programme.Till the time the candidate submit results of the final year degree examination, admission to any of the Master’s Degree Programmes of the Institute will be provisional. The results of the final examination have to be submitted before September, 2017. Those who fail to do so the provisional admission stands cancelled.
TISS Test Pattern & Syllabus
National entrance test (TISS-NET) is computer based test.
|Section||Topic||No. of Questions|
|Section A||Analytical and Numerical Ability||15|
|Section B||Language Ability||20|
|Section C||Awareness of General and Social Issues||
|Section||Topic||No. of Questions|
Business Knowledge and Foundation of Management
Important Dates for TISS 2017
|Last Date for obtaining the Application Form/ Registration (Online)||Nov-2017(Tentative)|
|Last Date for submission of the Application Form/ Completion of Registration (Online)||December 2017 (Tentative)|
|Last Date for receipt of Application Form via post (Hard copy)||December 2017(Tentative)|
|Date of TISS NET 2017||January 2018(Tentative)|
|Sending of scorecards via email to all the candidates||February 2018(Tentative)|
|Admission Closing Date||June 2018 (Tentative)|
Top Colleges under TISS 2017
- School of Social Work
- School of Management and Labour Studies
- School of Health Systems Studies
- School of Development Studies
- School of Education
- School of Habitat Studies
- Jamsetji Tata Centre for Disaster Management
- School for Media and Cultural Studies
- Centre for Library and Information Management Studies
- Sir Dorabji Tata Memorial Library
- School of Law, Rights and Constitutional Governance
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences Tuljapur Campus
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences Hyderabad Campus
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences Guwahati Campus
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences MumbaiCampus
- Galgotias Business School, Uttar Pradesh, Greater Noida
How to Apply for TISS 2017
Interested candidates who wish to apply for the course can fill their applications online in a prescribed manner.
Candidates are required to apply online through the E-application process only, please read through this page before filling in the application form. CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE ONLINE APPLICATION SYSTEM. Candidates facing technical problems while filling in the application form may call 022-25525252 (Monday to Saturday – Timing 8:00 am to 8:00 pm).
However, candidates from remote places where no Internet and Telecommunication facilities are available can get a printed copy of the application form from the Institute. Please send a request for printed form by Speed Post with application fees to Assistant Registrar(Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088. Please note that candidates applying through the E-application form should not send the application form by post.
General Instructions about applying:
- Candidates can apply for a maximum of three programmes across any two of the TISS Campuses.
- Candidates are requested to read through the eligibility criteria mentioned before filling up the form.
- Unemployed SC and ST candidates, whose parent’s/guardian’s annual income for the financial year 2013-14 is less than Rs. 2.5 Lakh, and unemployed OBC(NC) whose parent’s/guardian’s annual income for the financial year 2013-14 is less than Rs 1 lakh, are required to pay Rs. 250/- as Application Fee for each selected programme.However they should upload the necessary certificates (Ref Reservation Section on the admission website)
- Candidates have to upload/ attach relevant certificates, please refer to the section ‘Certificates/ Documents’ below
- The application fees is Rs 1030 (if being payed by Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking) or Rs 1000 + bank charges (if being payed through bank by cash). Candidate has to pay this amount for every programme he applies for.
- A candidate can apply for multiple programmes and pay for those programmes in one online form and should not fill more than one form. If a candidate is found to have filled more than one online form, all his applications will be cancelled.
General Category & Reserve Category candidates NOT eligible for FREE APPLICATION must produce the INCOME CERTIFICATE on the day of PIT/PI and can now complete the application form by paying the form fees.
Note: INCOME CERTIFICATE is still a compulsory document and has to be produced on the day of verification of documents
- April 18,2018 / Essay Examples / 0 Comments
What perks should a custom service offer that is writing? It really is quite apparent that a...