MICA (Institute of Strategic Marketing and Communication) is the most popular entrance exam for MBA admissions. It is an all-India test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) as an entrance exam for the admission to the Post-graduate and Fellow Programs in management courses of several management institutes in India including the IIMs. More than 100 B-Schools accept MICA score. Indian Institute of Management has announced MICA Exam Notification 2017 – 2018 for all the candidates who want to pursue their Master’s degree in MBA from IIM’s. The candidates can also find the MICA 2017 exam dates and eligibility criteria on the information given below sections. This is the golden opportunity for those want to give height to their decided goals.
Eligibility for MICA 2017
• The candidate must be a graduate with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/DA/PWD) or possess an equivalent qualifiMICAion recognized by the ministry of HRD, Government of India.
• Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualifiMICAion examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
Age : No age limit as long as you hold a bachelors degree from a recognized university
- Scheduled Caste – 15% of the total seats
- Scheduled Tribes – 7.5% of the total seats
- OBC (Non- Creamy layer) – 27% of the total seats
- Differently abled – 3.00%
MICA 2017 Exam Syllabus
• MICA English/Verbal Ability: Reading comprehension, verbal reasoning, syllogisms, analogies, antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, idioms, etc.
• MICA Maths/Quant Ability: Number systems, geometry, trigonometry, probability, permutation combination, algebra, mensuration, time and work, averages, percentages, profit and loss, quadratic and linear equations, etc.
• MICA Data Interpretation: Interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), venn diagram, etc.
• MICA Logical Reasoning: Clocks, calendars, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, conclusion, linear and matrix arrangement, etc.
MICA is a computer based test, conducted in multiple cities during a window of 3-4 weeks. A candidate can select his / her test date and slot as per choice and availability.
Colleges under MICA 2017
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM)
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM)
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM)
- Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM)
- Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRM)
- Xaviers Labour Relation Institute Jamshedpur (XLRI)
- Management Development Institute Gurgaon (MDI)
- Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM)
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research Mumbai (SIMR)
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Delhi (IIFT)
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
How to Apply for MICA 2017
• Register online at the CAT website with a registration fee of Rs. 1600 (General/NC-OBC) and Rs. 800 (SC/ST/PWD-DA).
• Note: Payment of registration fee can be done through online modes only including credit card, debit card or through net banking.
• You do not have the option of choosing you preferred slot this time
• You must show original mark sheets and submit photocopies to prove your eligibility at the time of interview. Further, if you are selected for a programme, original degree certificate and mark sheets along with your photocopies must be submitted for verification at the time of joining the programme.
“VistaMind” stands for a series of success stories of thousands of students who have made it to the Top B-Schools in India, including IIM, XLRI, IIFT, SP Jain, FMS, MDI, NITTIE, Narsee Monjee, SIBM etc.
We have been proactively using technology to ensure that our students get to prepare in the most convenient way. Apart from our Regular Classroom Program, one such popular initiative is MICA 2017, where you get to access sessions from our experienced mentors sitting at home.
The best part about joining VistaMind Coaching Classes is the SmartCAT series provided help a lot and the VistaMind MOCKS test give the actual feeling of attending the MICA-2017 exam. After attending the VistaMind MOCKS Test series, students get to know which is their best section in which they save time and get correct answers and which section they are weak in and lose out a lot of time and feel stressed, So with the help of these Mocks test series students can work upon the weak sections and score great marks in their MICA 2017.