Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a computer adaptive test conducted round the year at test centers throughout the world. The GMAT measures verbal, mathematical, reasoning and analytical writing skills. The test is designed to help graduate management programs assess the qualifications of applicants for advanced study in business and management.
GMAT is needed for admission to an MBA programme or a business-related field such as finance. More than 4,800 programmes offered by more than 1,500 institutions in 83 countries use the GMAT as part of the selection criteria for their programmes.
Eligibility for GMAT 2016
A candidate must be a graduate from a recognized university or a deemed university.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor degree and awaiting results can also apply.
GMAT 2016 Test Pattern & Syllabus
GMAT is conducted in two formats:
Only the computer-based format is available in India.
|Section||Question types||No. of questions||Time|
|Analytical Writing Assessment||Analysis of Argument||1 Topic||30 minutes|
|Integrated Reasoning||Multi-Source Reasoning
Two Part Analysis
|12 Questions||30 minutes|
|Optional 8-minute break|
|37 Questions||75 minutes|
|Optional 8-minute break|
|41 Questions||75 minutes|
GMAT Exam duration will be approx 3 hours 30 minutes.
GMAT Exam Scores division
|Analytical Writing Assessment||0 – 6 in half-point intervals|
|Integrated Reasoning||1 – 8 in single-digit intervals|
|Quantitative||0 – 60|
|Verbal||0 – 60|
Important Dates for GMAT 2016
- GMAT can be taken once every 31 days.
- This includes test attempts in which the score was cancelled by the candidate.
Top Colleges under GMAT 2016
Some of the prominent B-schools which accept GMAT scores are:
- S.P Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- School of Management, NMIMS, Mumbai
- XLRI, Jamshedpur
- IMT, Ghaziabad, Hyderabad, Nagpur & Dubai
- ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad & Mumbai
- MDI, Gurgaon
- FMS, Delhi
- Dept. of Management, BITS Pilani, Rajasthan
- XIM, Bhubaneswar
- IIFT, Delhi & Kolkata
- ISB , Hyderabad and Mohali
- TISS, Mumbai
- VIT Business School, Vellore
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Noida
- Amity Business School, Noida
- IIT-DMS, Delhi, Kanpur, Bombay, Madras, Roorkee & Kharagpur
- School of Management – SRM University, Chennai
- National Institute of Securities Markets, Mumbai
- Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies
- NIT, Surathkal
- Amity Institute of Telecom Technology and Management, New Delhi
- G L Bajaj Institute of Management and Research, Greater Nodia
- International School of Telecom Technology and Management, Hyderabad
- Galgotias Business School, Uttar Pradesh, Greater Nodia
- IFIM Business School, Bangalore
- ISBR Business School, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Social Welfare & Business Mgmt., Kolkata
- Indian School of Business, Indore
- Faculty of Management, Mody Institute of Technology and Science, Jamnagar
- Pune Institute of Business Management, Pune
- Vanguard Business School, Bangalore
How to Apply for GMAT 2016
- Test takers may register for the GMAT either online at mba.com or by calling one of the test centers.
- To schedule an exam, an appointment must be made at one of the designated test centers.
- The GMAT may not be taken more than once within 31 days, even if the scores are cancelled.