CAT is the most popular entrance exam for MBA admissions. It is an all-India test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) as an entrance exam for the admission to the Post-graduate and Fellow Programs in management courses of several management institutes in India including the IIMs. More than 100 B-Schools accept CAT score .
Eligibility for CAT-2015
• The candidate must be a graduate with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/DA/PWD) or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the ministry of HRD, Government of India.
• Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
Age : No age limit as long as you hold a bachelors degree from a recognized university
- Scheduled Caste – 15% of the total seats
- Scheduled Tribes – 7.5% of the total seats
- OBC (Non- Creamy layer) – 27% of the total seats
- Differently abled – 3.00%
CAT-2015 Exam Syllabus
• CAT English/Verbal Ability: Reading comprehension, verbal reasoning, syllogisms, analogies, antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, idioms, etc.
• CAT Maths/Quant Ability: Number systems, geometry, trigonometry, probability, permutation combination, algebra, mensuration, time and work, averages, percentages, profit and loss, quadratic and linear equations, etc.
• CAT Data Interpretation: Interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), venn diagram, etc.
• CAT Logical Reasoning: Clocks, calendars, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, conclusion, linear and matrix arrangement, etc.
CAT is a computer based test, conducted in multiple cities during a window of 3-4 weeks. A candidate can select his / her test date and slot as per choice and availability.
CAT-2015 Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Duration|
|34||60 minutes to answer each section|
Note : Candidates can’t switch from one sections to another during the test.
CAT 2015 Exam result expected on 2nd week of January, 2016.
CAT-2015 Exam Dates
|CAT 2015 Application Start Date||6th August, 2015|
|CAT 2015 Application End Date||20th September, 2015|
|CAT 2015 Admit Card||From 15th October, 2015|
|CAT 2015 Exam Dates||29th November, 2015|
Colleges under CAT-2015
- Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM)
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM)
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM)
- Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM)
- Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRM)
- Xaviers Labour Relation Institute Jamshedpur (XLRI)
- Management Development Institute Gurgaon (MDI)
- Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM)
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research Mumbai (SIMR)
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Delhi (IIFT)
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
How to Apply for CAT-2015
• Register online at the CAT website with a registration fee of Rs. 1600 (General/NC-OBC) and Rs. 800 (SC/ST/PWD-DA).
• Note: Payment of registration fee can be done through online modes only including credit card, debit card or through net banking.
• You do not have the option of choosing you preferred slot this time
• You must show original mark sheets and submit photocopies to prove your eligibility at the time of interview. Further, if you are selected for a programme, original degree certificate and mark sheets along with your photocopies must be submitted for verification at the time of joining the programme.